People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Darling verklempt humidity...

Friday, September 22, 2006

Darling verklempt humidity...

It's been one of those weeks. One of those weeks where nothing seems to go right. So I haven't really had time to write. But I'm here now!!! Aren't you just oh so excited?

Let me begin by highlighting the weekend. Friday was Rylie "The Darling Angel"'s birthday.

  
We had a little mini party with some mini cupcakes. A prelude to Chuck E. Cheese this weekend. She got to open a gift and card from me and seemed pretty happy with it.


  

  

  
I hope she was, because the flip flops were really more for me than for her. I hate those dirty blue flip flops that she loves so much. Now she has two more pair. Hopefully they will retain their original color for more than one day.
  
The following day was Chick Fest. Rylie was to walk in the parade with her Cheernastics All-Stars class. They were also supposed to show off their acrobatic abilities on a mat downtown after the parade. She made it to the parade and walked all the way through, although she managed to stay at an angle where I couldn't get a good picture.

  
The rest of the parade marched by, including the best band ever!! I managed to finally make it through watching the band go by without tearing up, however I may have been just a little verklempt.

  

  
It only took me 10 years. AAaaanyway. So I go pick up Rylie after the parade and we mosey back downtown to look around. We manage to navigate through the crowds to get to the Cheernastics booth where they have set up the mat for tumbling. Rylie's lookin' around trying to find anything she can do to avoid that mat and spots the tatooes they were selling for a dollar. So, she gets a tatoo of a butterfly on her face and pulls me away to go on down the street. Now, try as I might to get her to do a cartwheel, a round-off, something; she just wouldn't do it. Onery child. By this time, it feels like it's 1,000 degrees out there. The humidity is such that you'd think you'd be able to look over and see a beach instead of pine trees in East Texas. So Tina and I are sweating our asses off as Rylie drags us around town from booth to booth spending all her money. We're finally ready to get out of there and have to walk half a mile back to the car. Rylie begins to talk as we walk, talks more on the walk than she has all damn day, and by the time we're back in the car there's no shutting her up. We ran by Sonic and got a bite to eat and drove back to Tina's house to ingest our delicious goodies. Rylie was finished in no time and guess what she wanted to do. That's right. Flip, roll, turn, jump. Now why wouldn't she do that downtown?? She even practiced her back handspring with her handy dandy little spotter, Auntie T. She's getting good. A little cocky too. And what do I do? I tell the "Darling Angel," I bet IIIIIIIII can do a cartwheel." Maybe that wasn't such a good idea in retrospect. After all, I'm not such a spring chicken anymore. But I decided to go ahead with it, if for nothing else the pure entertainment value it would provide. I didn't stick the landing, but I managed to come out of it in one piece. I did pretty darn good for a fat woman if I do say so myself. I managed to illicit a few chuckles out of the crowd in any case.

Well that was pretty much my weekend. I went home later that afternoon and watched some soaps, played on the computer for a while, watched the USC game. Sunday was pretty much more of the same except I watched the Cowboys.

Gosh this post has become something of a monster so I'll write the week in review later on this weekend sometime. Happy Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory