People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Unavailable inheritance...

Monday, July 31, 2006

Unavailable inheritance...

Hell week is not over. The Mistress of Torture is coming back X 2. Gee, I'm so looking forward to that.

David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff has a music CD out? Seriously? Who's gonna pay to hear the Knight Rider sing? The same people that William Hung has gotten rich off of I suppose. I have to admit I was curious. I patiently waited for my dial-up connection to stream his music video only to have an error telling me that service was currently unavailable, "Please try again later." I won't care later.

Ohhh... I read good news. Minimum wage is set (still has to go through the Senate) to increase to $7.25 within the next three years, that's more than $2.00. Democrats are opposed to the idea because it is coupled with an inheritance tax cut, saying "Just think of what it is to have a bill that says to minimum wage workers 'We'll raise your minimum wage but only if we can give an estate tax cut to the 7,500 wealthiest families in America.' " Hell, I don't give a shit if they give tax breaks to Bill fucking Gates from now till doomsday, they're gonna find a way to do it one way or another. Might as well 'show me the money' while they're at it! Now, if minimum wage increases doesn't that mean that most employers should increase the rate of pay for employees paid above minimum wage? I believe so, yes. Will it happen at Cypress Home Care? I don't know, but I hope so. Hell, I'm already spending that extra money. I spend it once a week at the gas pumps. Shouldn't getting screwed be a private thing? Instead, we consumers are forced to smile and wave to each other in broad daylight while taking it up the ass. Ain't life grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory