People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Ike the spike...

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike the spike...

We're well into September now. Can you believe that mess? It's craziness to me.

Speaking of craziness...
OK, I've been watching Hurricane Ike since everybody was still talking about Hanna. Now, living in East Texas I usually don't worry about hurricanes. However, there is something about this storm that unnerves me. It's a huge storm, no doubt, but we've had other huge storms. They had first predicted it to hit Cuba, then curve up toward the Mississippi/Florida coastlines. Way before it hit Cuba, I knew they were wrong and it was going to hit Texas and hit close to home. So far, Ike has done pretty much nothing they predicted it was going to do. When they realized it was going to hit Texas after all, they forecast it to go further south toward Corpus Christi and Brownsville, possibly even Mexico. Now they believe it will hit somewhere around the Galveston area. I just have this weird feeling that I can't shake that it's going to do some major damage here in East Texas. You guys down on the coast stay safe and hopefully all my visions of future disaster will prove the silly musings of someone who watched too much of The Weather Channel.

I just wanted to post this in case Ike decides to whisk me away to
foreign lands. Then you'll all know that I AM always right. Told you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory