People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Scarlett be gone...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scarlett be gone...

So, I named my weight today. Scarlett, after the scarlet letter. Scarlett, Queen of thy yonder Fast Food better look out because I'm going to shove that bitch over and steal her crown. I got this silly idea from a post on Calorie Count if anyone is interested in visiting the site. The name is self explanatory, but it's got numerous tools to help you out if you're into that sort of thing; and being a geek, dorkwad and general nerd, I am.

This losing weight thing is hard, dude. It's really hard. Most people think, 'just stop eating so much you lazy slob.' "Eat less, move more," says Dr. Laura. It's just not that simple, at least not for me. Some days are easy, 'nah, I don't need that cookie,' 'no pizza for me, I brought my lunch but thanks,' 'nope I don't want a blizzard today.' Some days are a little more difficult. I'm an emotional eater, so if something terrible happens or I've had a stressful day or somebody cuts me off in traffic or my earrings hang wrong or George Bush fumbles over a speech I tend to say fuck it and head to the nearest million calorie restaurant. And most of them have many more calories in their dishes than you would like to think, not to mention portion sizes. Unless you eat a salad (minus any sort of creamy dressing) it's hard to eat out when you're trying to lose weight. I usually order a la carte, that way I'm not even tempted to eat the things that come with the entree. I like to cook, I just HATE cleaning up the mess in the kitchen afterward. Don't worry, I usually do it before things start to grow arms and legs. Probably the hardest thing for me to cut out is soft drinks. Just two 20 ounce bottles of Coke total nearly 500 calories, that's like a third of the calories you are supposed to consume in an entire day.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to make this into a weight loss post but that's what kind of poured out today. Guess it's on my mind. I usually never know what I'm going to write until my fingers move. Anyway, if anyone cares I'm still at a 35 lb loss. It should start moving down again soon, I've done pretty good this week. I just need to keep a close eye on Miss Scarlett and her sneaky ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory