People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Firefox rocks...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Firefox rocks...

Internet browsers. I used to think that the only thing out there was Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. Ahhh, the days of naivete. A few years ago I heard about the wonder that is Firefox, Mozilla Firefox to be exact. I've used IE, Netscape, the ATT Yahoo browser (which is a lot like IE), and AOL. Firefox outperforms every single one. While in and of itself it is outstanding with tabbed browsing, auto spell-check, session restore, pop-up blocker and spyware protection, the add-ons and plug-ins available for download make it truly unique. There are hundreds of things to choose from, but I'll give you an example of what I have. Adblocker Plus is an integrated application that allows you to subscribe to automatic filters and/or right click on individual ads to block them from loading (especially helpful to those of us still on a dial-up connection). I also have Twitbid which integrates Twitter directly into the browser, the Weather.com applications that gives me weather and one click access to doppler radar directly on the satus bar, Colt which allows you to copy the text of a link instead of just the link location. That brings me to my favorite, ScribeFire. A fully integrated application, ScribeFire allows you to post to and manage your favorite blog (except myspace at the moment) without having to directly go to and log in at the site, (also wonderful for those slow-ass dial up connections). I just love it. It's so worth the download time (yes, even on dial-up). I don't see myself ever using anything but Firefox again and I don't see why anybody would want to use anything else. It's fan-freaking-tastic.


"Overheard in the Office" Quote of the Day
Teen girl
: If I don't get an A on this English test I'm going to be even screwed-er.

--A High School, Sterling, Virginia


Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory