People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Picture interface...

Friday, July 06, 2007

Picture interface...

So, Yahoo! Photos is closing down. I liked Yahoo! Photos, Yahoo! Photos made me feel safe. Now they've made me move my pictures. We are given a choice between Flickr (which is actually Yahoo's new photo sharing site), Shutterfly, Snapfish and Photobucket. I researched and studied and played around and had just about decided on Shutterfly. I already have an account with Photobucket because of the ability to link to the photos on their site and the fact that they generate html codes to post into a blog and stuff. So anything I want to independently post into a blog is loaded on Photobucket, but they're not really user friendly as far as organization and visibility. At the last minute, I decided to just go ahead and switch to Flickr since it was affiliated with Yahoo. I'm really glad that I did. It has an amazing organizing tool where you can add, edit, move several photos at once. There is a handy download for a multiple upload interface. You have to play with it before you get down all its capabilities. I didn't think I liked it at all at first, but the more I use and play around with it the more I love it. Not only does it have nice applications and tools but it's an online community as well. It's easy to browse and share photos, join or create a specific group, I just can't say enough. If you've got photos to move before the official shutdown in September, I most strongly recommend Flickr. It's way cool. The only improvement I could think of would be to include linking and html generation like Photobucket. All those handy tools in one site, I might become verklempt!

"Overheard in New York" Quote of the Day
Little boy: Look, Mommy, Shrek has titties!
--AMC, Bay Plaza

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory