People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Yay, great, good times rant...

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Yay, great, good times rant...

I just want to rant a little bit at first. A person that has children they haven't seen in two years is NOT fucking awesome. It's awfully funny how you have money to do the things you want to do but when it comes to family, your REAL family, you know the one you'd like to forget about, there is none to be found. Guess it's a little too inconvenient. Grow up and get your head out of the cloud [of smoke] already. I could go on, but I won't.

Now that that's out of the way. My former editor at the paper has called it quits and is going into teaching at my high school. He's going to be their new journalism teacher and I think it's great! Congrats Whit! They're losing a good thing, but yay for Pittsburg!

I went to see the fireworks last night in town. They were alright, I guess. I always enjoy them. It just seemed like things were a little off this year. First, they didn't shoot them off from the normal location. People were having to hoof it in all directions in order to be able to see them. Then the "finale" was sadly disappointing and left most with the words, "Was that it?" Maybe it was too wet everywhere and that just threw the whole thing off. It was still worth a trip into town in any case.

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July this year. Here's to more "good times, good times."

"Overheard in New York" Quote of the Day
Crazy lady waving cane at laughing skateboarder: That's right! Run for your life, motherfucker! I'm on a hunt! And you're the prey!
--Outside Barnes & Noble, Astor Pl

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory