People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Bacon, the greatest smell ever...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bacon, the greatest smell ever...

Okay, so I have the greatest job ever. Let's just get a little background here. In Tanya world, food = love. We've had food at the office everyday this week. And I don't mean like snacks, I mean like full-on meals. Today we had breakfast; bacon, eggs, biscuits, french toast..... mmmmmmmmm.

The smell of breakfast is like wrapping me in a warm, fragrant envelope and sending me back in time to Grandma's house. Now, Grandma wasn't the best of cooks. Most of the cooking was actually done by my aunts, uncles and cousins, but Grandma could cook some bacon and eggs. If the bacon was a little burnt, that was okay by me, that's how I like it. Come to think of it, maybe that's WHY I like it that way. In any case, I'm back in that tiny kitchen when I catch a whiff of that aromatic wonder that is bacon.

What memories do you associate a particular smell with? Leave me a comment and let me know!


"Overheard in New York" Quote of the Day
Dude #1: Is cable a need or a necessity?
Dude #2: What?!
Dude #1: I mean, clothes are a need -- you need to wear clothes -- so cable's a necessity, not a need.
--F train

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory