People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Trumpets sing, yell...

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Trumpets sing, yell...

Break out the trumpets and the rest of the brass band. I've done it, or I'm doing it. That's right. (Takes a deep breath). I'm going back to school!

I'm putting this in writing, because then I have to do it, right?

I need to do something with my life. This barely scraping by is just not what I want the rest of my life to be like. I enjoy my job, I like the company, I like the people I work with. It's just not a life-long career.

So, what is? How about the under-paid profession of teaching. It's a little on the low-end of the pay scale. But hell, it's twice what I make right now! I don't need to be rich (even though it would be nice to be independently wealthy), I just want to live without feeling like I'm drowning in a sea of bills. I like kids. I have patience (most of the time). I enjoy passing on what knowledge I have managed to acquire throughout the years. And I can sing my ABC's. What else do I need?

This past school-year, I've helped the darling angel off and on with her school work. And I've really, really enjoyed it. It's so fun to watch her read something or work a math problem after she says, "I can't." Because she can! It's also fun to yell at her to make her do her work. But I probably shouldn't list that on a resume anywhere, huh.

It's gonna take a while, going to night classes and summer classes and intersession classes. It'll be a long row to hoe, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I'm excited to get started. And I'm pretty sure I've got Tina talked in to going with me!

We've got to take the THEA test before we can start classes, so keep your fingers crossed for that. We're studying the Algebra. I never knew I could forget so much. Also keep your fingers crossed and pray to the financial-aid gods. Gonna need a little help in that department.

So! That's that. If anybody has any motivational advice, feel free to share. I'll need it in the months and years ahead! I'm gonna go look at more math now, (my eyes are already starting to cross)!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory