People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: The holiday of the pumpkin pie...

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The holiday of the pumpkin pie...

It's Thanksgiving next week. There's something about the holiday that makes me a little sad that I don't have "a family" per say to share it with. I'll miss most of the traditional homemade holiday foods that I grew up with because I can't afford to buy the crap to make it all (or I would)(I don't care if there'd only be one person eating it), namely the dressing (stupid Stove-Top has stolen my nostalgic moments!!!!). There is one old-school dish that I will make (fruit salad which I will probably make and eat this weekend because Anne's making her own kind of fruit salad) and a new one I've developed over the past few years (yeast rolls which I first learned to make from my ex-mother-in-law and have tweaked the recipe), and will actually spend the holiday with the family I've created and managed to kidnap as my own. They're all a little nuts, so you know I fit right in. Last year I got to make my dressing, and it was damn good if I do say so myself, and yeast rolls. Our little family had a good Thanksgiving last year and I'll miss those that can't be there this year. Sniff, Sniff!! I'm going to offer my cooking expertise to my hostess and hopefully she'll take me up on it since I know she's going to be dead on her ass when she finally gets home. I'm sort of rambling in this post so I'm going to end it now because I'm not sure where I'm trying to go. Happy Tuesday, peeps!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




Powered by ScribeFire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory