People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Disconnected...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Disconnected...

Originally Posted Monday, April 17, 2006

Okay, since I live in "da backwoods" when my phone goes out I am soooooooo totally disconnected. I have no house phone, no internet and I'll be damned if I get not one bar of signal on the cell. What did people do before the age of cell phones, text messaging, internet, e-mail, and I-Pods?! I was starting to go a little stir crazy here, even though there's plenty of other things I could do; clean the house, watch the zillion soaps I have Tivo'd, go for a walk, work in the garden and so on and so forth. I KNOW people got along just fine without all that stuff and I suppose I would have gotten along just fine if it'd never gotten fixed. But I'm sooooooooo glad to have my internet back. I'm sure you are too because if I hadn't gotten it back you wouldn't be able to read this!! Okay, now guess how long the phone lines were down... that's right... all of about 5 hours. Yes, I know. I live a very sad life. But hey, my doggies love me. And there's nothing better than doggie love. Um, that didn't really sound right. But, you guys know what I mean. Right? You do, don't you? Is this philosophical and witty enough for you?! Yeah, I can spell a big word. Just because I went to PHS doesn't mean I can't spell big words. It has nothing to do with the "Good Word" I get in my email everyday. I'm just THAT smart. With that said, I, Tanya Monique Warfield Janway, abdicate any responsibility for injuries you may inflict upon yourself while laughing your ass off after reading the previous sentence. If you are unable to cease laughing, call 911. While they may ignore your cry for help, at least your family will have a solid basis for a lawsuit in the event of your untimely death. May you rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory