People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Therefore I Wait

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Therefore I Wait

I feel like I should have something good to say as it's been so long since I've written a blog. There's been drama, but none of mine. Which is a good thing!

Went to Dallas to attend a seminar for work and stayed at The Westin Hotel at the Galleria. You'd think it'd be fancy. It SHOULD be fancy for the price. But it was just a normal hotel room with 2 queen-sized beds. It was nice and everything, no Motel 6, but only worth about 1/3 of the price. Isn't that the way everything is these days? Overbilled and overpriced. It was kind of fun though. I felt important, anyway. I enjoyed the seminar. I know, only a nerd would enjoy a seminar over Medicare billing. But we all know I'm a nerd.

This last weekend Tina and I went to Texarkana for a little shopping. I actually went that direction because there was a shop in Dekalb that sells scrubs. A shop that closes at 5 p.m. everyday. Except for the Friday I decided to go. That Friday they closed at 4. Well, of course they did. Anyway. Ate at Carino's (btw where has this place been all my life) and YUM! Went to a couple stores and hit up the AT&T store. I've been drooling for an iPhone for a while (nerd, remember) but my contract is not up until December so I haven't even really looked at them yet. Until Friday. We went in there because Tina's contract is up in May and she wanted to look around. She doesn't get my obsession with the iPhone. Which has exponentially grown since I got to play with one Friday. I've seen them. I've looked at them before. But I hadn't really gotten to get my grubby little paws on one yet. OMG I've really got the fever now. They're so fast. It's an iPod. It's got Google Maps. And all the cool apps. And the flicking of the pages. And the interface. Ohhh, here's a commercial now! It's so much better than my stupid little Palm Centro!!! SCREW AT&T for making me wait!!! They've put out an updated one every summer since it came out in '07, the 3GS being the one that came out last summer, so I wonder if there will be an updated one this summer. Anybody know? Maybe it will be worth waiting until December but I've always been a fan of instant gratification. I'll have to wait in any case because there are no used ones on eBay because NOBODY gets rid of them! And I don't have $300 to buy one outright. So! December it is.

American Idol. Does anyone else think that stupid show was rigged last week? I mean Tim Urban was safe and Michael was voted off, really? I don't buy it for one second. They saw it as an opportunity to create drama and keep the person on that they wanted. I'm so done with that show. Blah.

Well, people. I'm off to "virtually" covet the iPhone. Have a lovely evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory