People Checked out This Gnarley Blog Life or Something Like It: Dogs, Weather and Football

Monday, November 02, 2009

Dogs, Weather and Football

What a beautiful day outside today! I had almost forgotten what they look like. I should take a walk or something. Right now I'm washing sheets and cleaning bathrooms during commercial breaks for the Dallas game. Look at me being all industrious. Really, I'm just tired of catching poison ivy from the dog. Piper's going to be relegated to the bathroom at night again. At least until I can kill the shit. Or try to kill it. They say the more often you're exposed to it, the LESS tolerant you are. I believe it. I can just look at the stuff and I get it. So, I've foiled Piper's evil plan to off me. For now. I have no doubt she'll come up with another scheme soon. That was written yesterday afternoon.

I'm headed to bed last night, and I call Piper in to get in her new bed. She comes wagging her butt in the room like she's actually going to listen to me for a change but then ducks her head and runs full tilt in the opposite direction. She ended up at the other side of the bed where she promptly disappeared underneath the dust ruffle. I heaved a big sigh, shook my head and just went to bed. I wasn't going to fall into her little trap. As my feet hit the floor this morning, there she was, wagging her tail and jumping around like she was a perfect little angel. I smiled back at her. I had devised a little scheme of my own. I have a big black suitcase, the perfect suitcase in fact to wedge in between the bed and the wall. As I called her in again, she heads into my dark bedroom full speed and runs smack dab into said suitcase. She retreated, our eyes met, and I swear she gave me a "Go to Hell" look, but she ended up in the bathroom. I have a sneaking suspicion that although I may have won the battle, this war is not over.

Wow, no rain in sight for the seven-day forecast. I don't think I've seen that since last year. And I don't like this getting dark before 6:30 crap.

BTW, yay Cowboys! Wasn't much of a game but I'm glad they won. And shame on Wisconsin fans for boo'ing Brett Favre as he returned to Lambeau. Your team didn't want to play him, so he went somewhere that did. GET OVER IT! You people get on my nerves.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory & Search engine Blogarama - The Blog Directory